Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Sister's Wedding

Kristin and Jonathan were united in marriage on July 7, 2007 in a picture-perfect outdoor wedding at my parent's home. God heard all our prayers for beautiful weather and answered them with an evening that was sunny but not overly hot with a dazzling view of majestic Mount Baker in the background. Of course all that paled in comparison with the radiance of the bride and the glow of the groom.

Lest I mislead, there were several minor (maybe not so minor) crises that arose beforehand (one of the groomsmen wasn't able to make it because of a funeral; their reserved honeymoon suite was suddenly unavailable just days before the wedding; the cake decorator called the day before the wedding saying the cake would cost twice what Kris was originally quoted; and the manicurist butchered Kris' nails -- thankfully they still looked beautiful thanks to an ingenious bit of work that didn't require any fake parts). But despite all that, the wedding itself pulled off without a hitch (oh wait, the candles wouldn't light because of a slight breeze) and was probably the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen (of course I'm not biased, I mean, I was the matron of honor, how could I possibly be biased?!?).


The happy couple eating cake.



The arch bedecked in gladiolus perfectly framed Mount Baker.



Me and my sister.

1 comment:

Jimmy and Angela said...

What a beautiful wedding!