Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oregon Coast Report

Our trip to the Oregon Coast and Lynden was fabulous! And now that I've been home a few days, finally finished unpacking and generally recovered from an overload of fun and excitement, I can tell y'all about it. Here is the first installment of pictures covering our week in Lincoln City.

Despite cool temperatures and fairly cloudy skies, the sand and surf still beaconed, especially to the boys.


The lack of sun didn't deter the kite flyers in the family either. Wade, Dad, Derric and the boys were able to get their flying art up a couple times during the week.


Silly silly boys!

Oh dear, Levi lost his head again.


Confession: we are a rather nerdy family (why do you think they let me in?). Between the 14 of us (keep in mind four were age 7 or younger) we had seven laptops, all of which got a lot of use.

One almost rainy day Wade and I took the boys to the aquarium in Newport. Yes, I know, you'd all rather see pictures of the animals, but I'm posting a picture of my boys instead -- I'm certain at least one of them is part monkey anyway!


S'mores on the beach have become a tradition for the clan.

As always, the beach animals were amazing -- starfish, crabs, clams, anemones, snails, gulls.



Look for the Lynden pictures installment coming up in the next few days.

1 comment:

Robert Marshall Murphy said...

We leave for Lynden tomorrow to go to a wedding. Great pictures.