Sunday, August 16, 2009

Recipe of the Summer

Actually it's two recipes that struck my fancy -- and my taste buds! -- this week. The first is hardly even a recipe it's so simple. It's just a cup or so of cut up strawberries in a pitcher of lemonade. Let it sit overnight, mix well and enjoy! And once the lemonade is gone, dump the juicy berries into a bowl of fruit salad!

The second recipe we had for lunch today. It was an experiment based on an idea I saw in a magazine. Now to keep from bragging up my own cooking, I'll let Wade do it for me. His first words after biting into it -- "This may be the best ham I've ever tasted!" Here's the scoop:

Slice a ham into half-inch-thick slices. Brush with a mixture of 1/4 c of maple syrup and 1/4 t liquid smoke. Grill for 5-10 minutes on each side or until heated through. Add more syrup/smoke mixture during cooking if desired, and after removing from the grill. Easy and yummy -- just ask Wade!

No comments: