Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Does Anybody Else Do This?

If this had only happened to me once, I'd call it a fluke, but since it happens occasionally (rarely, but regularly), I'm beginning to think I'm a little more addlebrained than I like to think I am.

What happened: I ran an empty load of laundry. Well, actually this time I lucked out and only filled the washer with soapy water, but since I left the lid up it didn't actually run.

I think my laundry-doing technique lends itself to my screwing it up. Here's what happens. First I start the washing machine and add soap and let it begin to fill so the soap can dissolve while I hang up any just-washed items that I don't want to go through the dryer. The next step, ideally, is to add dirty clothes to the still-filling washing machine, close it up and walk away. What happened today was after hanging up a couple shirts, I skipped filling and closing the washer and went straight to the walking away part.

Sheesh.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this. I'd love to hear anyone else's "sheesh" stories and know I'm not alone in addlebraindom!

No comments: