Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Appeal to My Children

My dear sick children,

I love you more than life itself, but please don't sneeze in my face.

I will sacrifice even unto death for your body and soul, but please don't wipe your runny noses on my neck and hair.

I will devotedly nourish you back to health, but please don't cough in the pot of chicken noodle soup.

I will purchase tissues by the truckload, if you will only use them; and cough drops by the barrel, but please leave them in your mouth (not on the upholstery).

I will tend to your daily desires and your nightly needs until you are well, but please give me 15 minutes to shower in peace.

With my undying love forever,
Your mother

1 comment:

andrea said...

Hope they all feel better soon! Sounds like you have found some humor -- always important!