Monday, February 20, 2012

An Interview with God

Do you ever read those interview briefs in Reader's Digest where they list some of the cool things a celebrity is doing and reading and promoting?  Sometimes I do, if it's about someone I find interesting (though often I don't know who the celebrity is -- I'm kinda clueless in the movie and TV stardom field).  

But I think it would be really cool to see an interview with God!  Now there's someone worth reading about!  What would he have to say to a captive audience?  Here are my thoughts about how such an article might read.

WHAT HE'S...

Pitching:  "Love.  Love for neighbors.  Love for enemies.  Love for the smelly guy who sits on the street corner.  Practical love.  It's life-changing.  Oh, and my best-selling book.  It's a must-read."  

Listening to: "Prayers.  I'm always, always listening to people pray.  Sometimes people don't think I am listening because I don't always give the answer they want to hear, but I never tune out anyone who takes time to talk to me."

Working on:  "I've got the most amazing mansions going up here!  It's this whole heaven of a neighborhood I'm getting ready for my friends.  I've told them all about it, and when the time is right, they're all gonna come here and live joyfully ever after!"

Collecting:  "I just die for more believers -- literally."

His Reader's Digest version of life:  "Love the Lord your God most of all, and treat your neighbors better than you treat yourself."

No comments: