Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas is Coming...


Winter is gently spreading its soft white blanket over our town.  The forecast says it will only be a sheet, but I'm hoping for a big, thick, heavy comforter's worth!  Then again, I don't have to drive anywhere in it.

Christmas break is almost here -- five more school days!  I do enjoy teaching my kids -- really, I do! -- but we're all so looking forward to this break.  We'll have completed 19 weeks of school in 20 weeks once break arrives, which explains our eagerness!

But do y'all know what else this means?  It means Grandpa and Grandma haven't been visiting (giving us an excuse to take days off) in far too long.  Tsk, tsk.

It also means we'll only have 16 required weeks of school left in the new year!  Wah-hoo!  

The snow is still dancing merrily down and we're at "sheet" depth... with no sign yet of stopping.  Yea!  It may be a white Christmas yet.

No comments: