Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Salvation and The West Wing

In a recent episode of The West Wing, my all-time favorite television show ever, Leo was agonizing over a war-friend who had made some bad decisions. This disturbed Leo because he and this friend had been rescued from enemy territory at the expense of one of their rescuer's lives, and he had always felt that they owed it to this fallen soldier to live an exemplary life of service, as a way of honoring him and his sacrifice, as a way of making his death worth something.

And it made me think of Jesus, and how he rescued me from enemy territory and it cost him his life. And it made me realize in a way I hadn't really thought of before how my life should be an exemplary life of service to bring Him honor. Jesus died to save me... was it worth it?

No comments: