Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 was the year...

2000 was the year Wade and I got married.

2001 was the year Isaac was born.

2002 was the year we moved to the duplex on Bel-West.

2003 was the year the twins were born, we moved to Wiser Lake Road and Wade began working in construction.

2004 was the year I barely remember, I think because I had three little boys under age 3.

2005 was the year Elijah was born and Derric & Amanda got married.

2006 was the year Wade and I started hiking together.

2007 was the year Kris and Jonathan got married and we moved to North Dakota.

2008 was the year we spent landscaping our new yard.

2009 was the year we continued landscaping, God healed Dad's cancer, and Kenner and Karen got married.

As I look ahead to 2010, I hope this year will be marked by being able to adopt, but I realize that many of the time-marking events of the past decade were not planned or foreseeable, and so I have to keep reminding myself to trust that God will make this year the year of whatever He wants it to be. So as 2010 unfolds before us, my prayer is that we will bring Him honor, glory and praise in whatever He has planned for us.

Happy New year, all!

No comments: