Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmassy

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go...."

This is our lovely tree which I kinda feel bad about cutting down, I mean it was really a well-established tree, but it was well established at a tree farm which makes it more okay, sorta.

We are celebrating Advent with a basket this year rather than a wreath, since my wreaths in the past have been pretty much needle-less by Christmas Day. This one stays nice and fresh looking all season long!

Meet Lazarus, so named because this spring after I pruned him back to about six inches high and completely naked, Wade said, "that thing is dead." Behold, he lives! I don't know for certain, but I think this is his sixth Christmas with us and it's certainly his most beautiful (some years I haven't had him turn red because he wasn't in nice enough shape for me to want to draw attention to him). I think the pruning did him a lot of good.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I am impressed. My understanding is that getting poinsettias to come back every year is difficult.