Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Unrequited Love

I love spring. I love flowers and green grass. I love warm sunshine and short sleeves. I love getting my hands in the dirt. I even love pulling weeds. I love hanging the laundry on the clothesline. I love walking to the grocery store with my little red wagon. I love doing all my errands on foot or two wheels. I love the smell of sunscreen. I love the lack of snow.

And, I love finding new gardening gloves in my favorite style and size after not being able to find them anywhere all last year (there were only two pairs left on the rack -- I bought them both).


I loved these gloves dearly. We bonded. They gave me the gift of a gardeners tan. But it's time for them to go to the big garden in the sky where fingers will never wear through and dirt will never stick.


I love the little inside greenhouse Wade built for my seed starts!


And I love the happy little plants that are staying warm and moist in the little inside greenhouse that Wade built.


But I don't love that this is the view from my dining room.


Ahh, spring, my love is unrequited.

No comments: