Monday, April 16, 2012

In the past three days...

In the past three days I've...

... planted asparagus,
... planted potatoes,
... pulled weeds,
... smiled over daffodils,
... seen a bumblebee,
... taken out all my strawberry plants, dumped a truck-load of manure into the patch, tilled it all up (okay, actually Wade tilled it) and replanted the strawberry plants,
... pulled the grass from between many (but not nearly all) the bricks around the yard,
... pulled out two of the five overgrown plants I'm getting rid of this year (I know, me, getting rid of plants -- unheard of!)
... seen the tips of hostas peeking through the soil
... gotten grass stains on my jeans,
and nearly worn through the fingertips of my favorite pair of gardening gloves.

It's been a really great few days!  I just love spring!

No comments: