Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ten Thoughts


It's 10:21 p.m., Wednesday, and I haven't forgotten my goal of writing something on Wednesdays, even if only to get the creative juices flowing for another day.  I must admit, not much is flowing right now, so I'm resorting to a blog technique I've seen others do and that seems to fit my not-much-to-say-on-any-one-thing dilemma.  Top ten thoughts -- go:

1 -- We are having such a great school year.  I'm not trying to brag or gloat, but this has been our best school year thus far.  I attribute part of it to having gotten our science text completed during the summer, thus lightening the load for the rest of the school year a little bit; and part of it to having all my students literate!  Work goes much more quickly when even the youngest can read the directions on his math worksheet without help!

2 -- I met my first nephew last week and he is... I can't even come up with a word delectable enough to describe him.  Precious, beautiful, kissable, sweet, hilarious (love the faces babies make!), and oh-so-sweet smelling.  I wanted to take him home, but alas, he would have missed mommy before we got very far down the road!

3 -- On a related note, we're still eagerly awaiting the chance to hug and kiss and snuggle and love on our first niece, who is halfway across the world and awaiting a visa so she can travel here (and back... I think it's the "and back" part that's actually causing the hang-up).  Hopefully soon!

4 -- Wow, did I really say top ten?  I may have to reduce that number.

5 -- Since I missed writing anything on the day before Thanksgiving, my belated thankful list:  Wade!  He takes such good care of me and our boys.  He's my rock and my pillow and he makes me smile every time I see him.

6 -- Our boys!  They are such a joy.

7 -- Family: immediate, extended, near, far, biological, foster and honorary.  I have been so blessed.

8 -- Our church family at Holland Center who bless us, accept us, put up with us and teach us and for some odd reason really seem to like us.

9 -- Friendships new and old:  the women I didn't know my heart needed until we moved here, and the ones I miss so much now that we aren't in Washington.  

10 -- Ten!  I made it!  Hope it wasn't cheating to go make number 5 spill over into 6, 7, 8 and 9.  

Hope you all have a lovely night and a blessed week.

No comments: