Friday, April 12, 2013

Good Thing It's Friday


In scenes of idyllic homeschool bliss, I imagine my children gathered around, all ages working on common assignments based on their skill levels, with everyone sharing insightful comments and intriguing questions, and the older ones helping the youngers with simple spelling questions and the like.

In reality, when my children are all gathered around to work on common assignments, it goes more like this.


Today was one of those days, full of interruptions, off-topic comments and cries of "Huh?  What did you say?" 

I'm sorry to say that mommy lost her cool and trounced all comments, questions and requests on the topic we were studying and made everyone sit stolidly in their seats until said assignment was complete.  So much for fascinating discussion and insightful ideas!  Sheesh!  

I'll just say it's a good thing it's Friday.

No comments: