Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Touches of Pretty

Two charming items have made me smile this week.

The first is this fun pinwheel runner I made from a charm pack that captured my fancy.  I think it turned out so cute!


And the really fun part is that it's three-dimensional -- see how the triangles are free on two sides?  Fun and fancy (at least for me!) and yet super simple.  That's my kind of sewing.


I set a goal of finishing it by Independence Day, since a touch of patriotic flair would be nice to have displayed that day, and I know where I'd like to hang it, but that entire wall need a makeover to accommodate it, so it yet remains to be seen whether it will actually by displayed by Independence Day.


And this fun planter is the second bit of fancy I've been admiring.  The watering can is usually the centerpiece for our picnic table (as posed here), but since the table is in the midst of being resanded, it's been living on the deck where I see it through the glass door every time I pass by.  This may be my favorite group of flowers it's held yet -- just verbena and lysimachia (I think???) but so bright and cheery!

Hope y'all have been able to take in some touches of pretty this spring too!

1 comment:

Mom D said...

Fun stuff! Thanks for sharing.