Thursday, March 26, 2009

All before breakfast was over

It's been quite the morning already. As I was taking the muffins out of the oven, I dropped the pan, causing muffins to jump around like they was a-partyin' (thankfully this did not affect their flavor).

Then Elijah, as he was just sitting there at the table as nice and still as a three-year-old can sit, spontaneously falls off his chair (thankfully no major injuries).

Then to top it all off -- quite literally -- as Isaac was carrying a quart jar of honey (with a lid but without a ring to hold it on tight) to the table, he hoists it above his head and spills a good cup of liquid honey ON HIS HEAD! In that split moment I made my wisest decision of the day so far -- laugh, don't cry. Thankfully he was wearing a hat that took the brunt of the mess (he actually got away without needing a shower!). The hat and all the rags I used to clean up the puddle are now in the laundry.

I'm hoping this means all the foibles are out of the day now, and we can continue on in a merry and unclumsy fashion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Is it a full moon? Glad everyone is okay! Elijah just fell out of his chair? Yikes!

Starla said...

Ker... I just rememered about your blog and stopped by... such a sunny spot in my day! We had a clumsy day yesterday... I spilled (and broke) a glass bowl of pasta while making room for my yummy Chihuahua burrito leftovers, my dad spilled a cup of tea on the carpet, Jess tripped on the basement stairs, my mom got all our adrenaline primed by nearly dropping Jessy's chocoate roll-up birthday cake (it was on wax paper on top of a cookie sheet- slippery!) and Ang had an undisclosed spill (she won't let me put in on the internet ;)

Hope your trip home goes well-- I really enjoyed seeing you at church today! :)