Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kitchen Wear

For Christmas I received two aprons, which is surprising considering I've never received even one apron as a gift before (unless you count the 4-H one I used for food activities and demonstrations, but I think it actually belonged to the club).

Both aprons were actually complements to some really great gifts. First, Mom H. bequeathed to me her lefse cooker, along with the necessary lefse-making accessories and an über-festive reversible apron (snowmen on one side, candy cane stripes on the other), which will forever and always be my designated lefse-making apron. I've made one batch of lefse so far, and it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself, and I'm certain its success is due at least in part to the apron. Thanks Mom!

The second apron was from Mom D.W. and accompanied "The Pioneer Woman Cooks," the most entertaining cookbook I've ever read, and I do mean "read," as in sit down on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and digest every word of it, even the recipes my family will never eat. "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" is as much comedy, photography and diary as it is cookbook, which is a combination that makes for darn good readin' (except I don't say "darn," so pretend you didn't hear that). Mom made this apron, and seriously, it's cuter than most of my nice Sunday clothes. Thus, I've been wearing it regularly, because I like to feel like I look cute. Thanks Mom!

Aren't mothers great?

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love those aprons! The second one is especially cute! I occassionally wear an apron if I'm doing something especially messy in the kitchen (I can and freeze some things during the summer & I'll wear one then.) But, mine are very functional and not very cute at all. It may be time for me to find myself a cute apron.

Anonymous said...

Very cute aprons! I l.o.v.e. My Pioneer Woman cooks cookbook. The cinnamon rolls are a family favorite. Brook

Mom said...

My pleasure.