Monday, January 10, 2011

Digital Scrapbooking Awesomeness!

I've finished organizing the 2010 photos (on the computer, of course) into groups for scrapbooking. I took to scrapbooking digitally with our family's 2007 album and just loved the speed and ease of it. And really, while the price of the finished product seemed like a lot in one lump sum, it was comparable to (if not cheaper) than printing all those photos and purchasing the scrapping goods. Thus I've continued.

However, I have missed using all the cool stickers (particularly letter stickers) and papers and other fun decorations. So, realizing that digital scrapbooking is becoming quite popular and that there have to be more people like me who would want digital embellishments, I googled "free digital scrapbooking embellishments."

Oh. My. Goodness!

There is so much fabulous free stuff out there! I had no idea! I downloaded and downloaded and downloaded some more until I had the beginnings of a decent scrapbooking station, and then downloaded a few more! Two of the best sites I found were www.scrapbookpresentations.com and www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com.

Both have lots of embellishments and alphabet sets, but www.freedigitalscrapbooking also has papers, fonts and ribbons.

Anyway, back to sentence one... I've finished organizing this past year's photos and am so exited to begin putting together the 2010 pages with all this fun new stuff! So excited, in fact, that I've already started, and here is one page featuring a few of things I downloaded.


Okay, it's kinda small here, but do you see that fun "OUT in the SNOW" writing? It's a font called Snowfall. And those cute little snowflakes? Embellishments. And that strip of blue stripedy goodness on the left? Digital scrapbooking paper. And the ribbony thing at top and bottom? I just love that thing! (You should see the ribbons and rickrack I'm using on other pages!)

As you may have noticed, finding all this great stuff made my day, so I thought I'd share it in hopes that someone else's day may also be brightened.

4 comments:

Mom H. said...

How cool is that! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with this discovery!!

Anonymous said...

What program are you creating the pages in? It looks great! I miss using embellishments with my digital book making - I can't even call it scrapbooking because it is so lacking in the decorative zone.
Brook

Mom D said...

You make me smile:) And so does your scrapbook page:) Can't wait to see more. Have fun!!!

Kerri said...

Brook, I use Pages, it's a Mac program that's made more for designing brochures and newsletters, but it works pretty well for this sort of thing too! I create my own page, save it as a jpg, then upload them to wherever I want my book printed.