Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Something shiny, something new...


Our new dishwasher is in!  Wade, hero that he is, ordered it unbeknownst to me.  It hobbled along on its last leg for quite awhile before it started gimping along on its last toe.  Wade had mercy on it and me, put us both out of our misery, and ordered a new one.  And it's shiny.  And it gets my dishes CLEAN!  And it doesn't leak.  And it's shiny.  And it doesn't sound like a generator running in my kitchen.  And it doesn't cause weird odors to waft from my kitchen drains every time it runs.  And it's shiny.  And it uses much less detergent than the old one.  Ahhhhh.  I would have made a terrible pioneer.  I don't think they had much shiny in their lives.  Or clean.  Or pleasantly scented. 

Did I mention it's shiny?  It is.  Very!  When it first arrived, it made my other appliances look bad.  Dirty.  Smudgy.  Like they live in a house with a bunch of grimy boys.  Oh wait, they do.  Now I'm not a fabulous interior designer, but I recognized that there was a terrible mis-match going on in the kitchen.  I know I could have just smeared the new appliance with peanut butter, potato chip residue, chocolate milk splatters, cooking oil and sticky fingers -- and that would have been simpler and quicker -- but I opted to make all my appliances match the hard way.  I cleaned them all!  And for ten minutes all was spotless and shiny in my kitchen!  It was a wonder to behold!  I had to shield my eyes!  And then the troops stormed in, hungry and dirty, and I fed them, and everything is back to normal.  Except I have a dishwasher that works!  And I love it even if it is already losing its shiny.

Thanks, Wade!

No comments: