Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ten Minutes

Mrs. Testosterhome is embarking on a weekly (optimistically) ten-minute writing assignment -- no rules other than "write for ten minutes one day a week."

So, since I've been slacking severely in the blogging department, I'm giving it a try.  I endeavor to write ten minutes every Wednesday!  That said, I'm not committing to putting what I write each week up here for all to read.  But, I'm hoping that just the process of writing will cause the inspiration to flow and hopefully generate something blog-worthy.  Because I'm cocky and like other people to read what I've written, you know?  

So, with just a few minutes to fill... the boys and I have been observing the coolest moth feeding from the petunias on our deck around dinner time.  At first we thought it was a hummingbird because it's body is that big and it's wings are an uninterrupted blur of speed and it hovers like it's swimming in mid-air.  But it has antennae!  And a proboscis!  It's really cool!  I finally looked it up on-line tonight (what would we do without the Internet?) and it's called -- guess it -- a hummingbird moth!  It's beautiful with a zebra-striped body and flecks of orange on its wings.  It's also impossible to catch on film because it comes out at dusk and moves like a... hummingbird, only more sporadically.  Well, it's impossible for me to catch on film, but if you google it you'll see lots of pictures other people have taken of it.

And there you go, my ten minutes for this week.  If I stopped re-reading my writing so much I'd get a lot more written.  Oh well.  Y'all have a great week!

No comments: