Thursday, May 23, 2013

Best smells ever

Intoxicating in lavender...


Heady in white...


Redolent in purple...


Can you smell them yet?  Stick your nose deep inside and inhaaaaaaale...  
Heaven will smell like lilacs, if you were wondering.


Oh, but this smell is such a close second.
He plays outside in the dirt and trees and grass and worms, races in to dinner, then sits on my lap afterward while we read Bible.  And the sweaty, dirty, naturey smell of boy wafts from his hair and draws my nose down into his mop.  He wonders why I sniff a lot while we read Bible.  I'm not crying.  I'm just smelling him.  He smells like boy still young enough to sit on my lap.  It's a fleeting scent, and so I savor it.  Inhaaaaaaaaale....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled on your blog while posting to our art blog- and loved this post about lilacs. Thanks for sharing passion and humor with such nice pictures. Take care and God Bless. ~Y.P.