Thursday, February 12, 2009

Denver Grass and other colors

We are finally so almost done with the guest bedroom. It's been quite the learning experience for me (and quite the test of patience for poor Wade who had me as his assistant!). The carpet is being installed this week, and then we'll put on the trim and move the bed in!

The highlight for me was choosing a color for the accent wall. I wanted some shade of green (seeing as it's in the basement and has no windows, it needed an outsideish color). So I've got a nice little collection of green paint swatch thingies here, most with food names -- herb garden, mint jelly, olive oil, water cress, slice of cucumber, split pea soup, lime peal. Who names these things? Oh wait, I know -- people like Sharylann! I recall traveling with her and my mom and an aunt one day and she was naming colors -- "Oh look, there's moss-on-the-barn-roof-green!"

After much deliberation (well, actually only like 5 minutes) I settled on Denver grass (grass skirt came in a close second -- do you sense a theme?). Does anybody know for certain whether the grass in Denver is a distinctively different shade than the grass in, say, Tallahassee? I can say for certain the the grass in the Midwest is different than the grass in the Northwest, but Denver must be special for it to have it's very own color.

Now y'all just come on out and visit and we'll put you up in the nice new guestroom -- no more sleeping in the uncarpeted dark recesses of the basement with only the privacy of cubicle walls!

1 comment:

andrea said...

I'm not sure if the grass is even green in Denver. When I was there last week it all sort of looked like a swirl of ivory and taupe!