Thursday, February 05, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice, Blog, Practice

This week Pastor Brad gave me Sunday's list of songs on Monday morning because he was headed out of town for most of the week -- and it's a good thing he did, because he picked some doozies! One hymn with four sharps (which I'll play in three flats -- I just don't do four or more "off" notes), an unfamiliar one, another in three sharps and then this, All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name (second tune). It's familiar and in a decent key, but it's hard!

If anyone isn't familiar with the "second tune" you're missing out because it is hands-down the BEST tune to that particular song, even if I am getting hand cramps trying to master it. It's one of those tunes I'm sure the angels sing regularly. Here's a snippet for those of you who may want to hear what is, in my opinion, one of the grandest pieces of music ever written (although definitely not played as well as it deserves -- oh well, I'm still practicing).

No comments: