Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Clothes!



For Valentine's Day, Wade got me "the one gift guaranteed to make her take her clothes off" -- pajamas! No, I'm not talking about skimpy lingerie. I'm talking about full-coverage, warm and cozy, pink flannel pajamas.

The first night I wore these I woke up feeling so good! I'm not sure whether it had more to do with the fact that I actually got to bed on time the night before, or the fact that I was warm and cozy when I woke up. Usually I wake up slightly cool and NOT wanting to get up and expose myself to more coldness. With these guys on I woke up super-warm and ready to hop out of bed without fear of goosebumps. It was fabulous!

Also on the new clothes front, I bought a new pair of jeans this weekend. As much as I love stretch jeans, I think they wear out faster than traditional denim. The spandex starts to give out in places and I end up with little ripple lines in my pants. Still worth it though for the fit and comfort.

Anywho, back to the shopping experience. Wade is such a good husband and sport. He willingly takes me to Kohls while we're in Bismarck and waits patiently in the clothing department while I try on various pairs of jeans. I am typically a very content and optimistic person, but when trying on jeans I can become cynical, nit-picky, particular, complainy and even ocassionaly whiny. As much as I love spending time with Wade (and we did have a fabulous time shopping together for other things this weekend), I feel bad for him while clothing shopping. He deserves a prize for not making me go alone.

What this whole thing reminded me of, however, is how very much I miss my sister. For us, jeans shopping is a quest, an adventure, a daunting yet thrilling escapade from which we will return victorious. Alone (well, not ALONE, but without another female in the dressing room with me), it's not nearly so much fun and can even be intimidating. Sometimes us not-so-very fashion-savvy gals need a little moral support and honest advice. But alas, driving or flying 1,000 miles just to go jeans shopping is a little unrealistic for me and Kris. Bummer.

So this Valentine's Day I thank God for Wade -- giver of flannel pjs and good jeans shopping sport. I love you Babe!

1 comment:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Oh I am LOVIN the jammies! Very cozy and the all important cuteness factor!

As for the jeans shopping, it can be QUITE the quest! One day Becca and I went and she bought FIVE pairs of jeans. FIVE. I was MUCH impressed!